Are you ready for Summer 2016 here in Hong Kong? Well, if you had been wearing your shades, sandals and sunscreen, you have set the pace quite right. In addition to your junk boat trips and hiking schedules, check these events out that is surely worth of your time...
1. Do you have any clothes that you don't know how to deal with? You tried to sell, couldn't find the courage to throw or waiting for it to go retro to be retrieved? You also just couldn't find it in you to just put it to waste and you want to remain eco-friendly. Well, here's an answer to your dilemma. RAFFLES INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL once again offers a one time big time Sustainable Design Workshop!
This FREE workshop has 15 seats open to a first come first served basis. It would be conducted by their own director, Stefan Orschel-Read, whom I had the opportunity to meet when I attended an intimate gala night with the school's alumnus, Grace CY Lam and less than 30 combined bloggers, fashion design enthusiasts and expectators. Grace CY Lam had represented her collection in Fashion Week, Vancouver last March of 2016. Details of this workshop is as follows. Hurry! If you make it on time, you can bring along a friend too!
- Zero-Waste Pattern Cutting
- Unused Materials Crafting
- Fashion Draping
2. DISCOVERY BAY is making way for the dragon boats this June 9 and that means bargains and booze are at play by the plaza. Turn the usual Ladies' Night to an action packed Thursday! The event starts in the morning and right before the awarding ceremony, TEAM MUSHU, the team representing Disney would be giving out a cheerleading number complete with stunts, basket tosses and split jumps. What's remarkable about it is that they will do this right after they paddle their hearts out to the sea to do what they do best, win! Will they make it this year? Come out and see for yourself!
So Star Wars fans, get ready to be trained as the Temple of the Jedi is about to happen. Visit the park, put together your own personalised Lightsaber and open your eyes for a chance to get immersed to their world!
Characters from the movie will be out for a meet and greet and I believe, a ride was transformed too! A one true exciting event that is good for the whole family to enjoy!
4. MACAU won't be second in all of these excitement. From July 22 until August 7, "SHREK, THE MUSICAL" will be performing for the first time here in Asia as part of its international tour. While the parents enjoy a day or two in Venetian rooms, the kids get to be exposed in a live broadway performance. Details of packages, pricing and show times maybe checked out by clicking here.
5. Summer days are the best days to feel mother earth's presence. And central harbour front opens its location to yoga classes and meditation sessions. Shut down your phones and get reconnected with nature. Increase your dedication to fitness by joining this 2 day (June 25 and 26) event. Who knows? You might win a friend or two!
Please do register here: https://cue.pouchnation.com/event/iris
6. Hong Kong hails its Chinese culture thru the CHINESE OPERA FESTIVAL as it encapsulates the long history of China. From June 17 to August 14, 2016, performances will happen at the following venues:
- The Grand Theatre at the Hong Kong Cultural Centre at the TST Promenade
- The Hong Kong City Hall in Central
- The Hong Kong Space Museum
Tickets cost from HK$100 to HK$350 at the Hong Kong Cultural Centre but the tickets for a Chinese Opera Film Show at the Hong Kong Space Museum are HK$30. Students and seniors get discounts!
7. Calling all fans of AIR SUPPLY Live on Tour, they will be having a concert on June 19, here in Hong Kong, at 8pm. It will be held in Star Hall (KITEC) in Kowloon Bay. Tickets and prices may be checked and booked here.
More freebies (or either, it is offered at very low prizes) to those who are willing to get immersed deeper into the Chinese culture thru Tai Chi Classes, Lion Dance and Feng Shui Classes. Corresponding areas of the brain may need to be fed even though school is out so why not learn a different skill?
THERE YOU HAVE IT FOLKS! A GREAT START UP FOR SUMMER!
1. RAFFLES SCHOOL OF DESIGN - my post about an in depth query about Grace CY Lam's, a law graduate, evening gown collection represented Hong Kong at the Vancouver Fashion Week earlier this year.
2. MY CROSSFIT EXPERIENCE AT FITNESS ACADEMY HK - a post to inspire moms in rediscovering and innovating themselves thru a fitness regime!
3. BEING PART OF THE TEAM MUSHU - why joining Team Mushu was one of the best moments of my life.