Translate

Thursday, January 02, 2014

2013 BEST PICS

Annually, I choose a line of pictures that would resemble the past year,
and are usually worth remembering.
This year, it will not be limited to that.
I will present to you images that may also talk about something good to know
and/or something you may find exciting to look forward to
in the coming year of 2014.

Featuring, the BEST PICS of 2013!


JANUARY

Pantone officially makes "Radiant Orchid" the color of the year 2014
after making Emerald "it" last year.
As you can see, the pink-purplish hue is yet to be
expected in runways, weddings and events.
PINK has a tranquilizing ability, while
PURPLE is the shade of the Crown Chakra,
which is located on top of the head and is linked
to the crown of the head, the nervous system
and is the representative of pure thought.
This is also known as the Sahasrara
that feeds the imagination and creativity of the mind.
It's good to start the year with such knowledge
to allow such empowerment to flow to you.



FEBRUARY

As the Year of the Snake bids farewell, the Year of the Horse
unleashes a hopeful promise of energy, vibrance, intelligence and great ability.
I once read that God made horses from the breath of the winds,
the beauty of the earth and the
soul of an angel that it is used amongst people
who have high anxiety and are depressive
as form of therapy.

Just to share:

Celebrities Born in the Year of the Horse:

Louisa May Alcott, Chopin, Davy Crockett, Ella Fitzgerald, 
Aretha Franklin, Sandra Day O'Connor, Rembrandt, Teddy Roosevelt, 
Sir Isaac Newton, Barbara Streisand, Cindy Crawford, Cynthia Nixon, 
Denzel Washington, Harrison Ford, Jason Biggs, Jackie Chan, 
Jerry Seinfeld, John Travolta, Leonard Bernstein, 
Oprah Winfrey, Paul McCartney, Rembrandt, Ashton Kutcher, Emma Watson, 
Josh Hartnett, Katie Holmes, Kristen Stewart, Kobe Bryant, 
Genghis Khan, Emperor Kangxi and Yongzheng of China’s Qing Dynasty (1644 - 1911)



MARCH

 The name of March comes from Latin, "Martius", 
the first month of the earliest Roman calendar
It was named for Mars, the Roman god of warwho was also regarded as a guardian of agriculture 
and an ancestor of the Roman people through his sons Romulus and Remus. 
His month Martius was the beginning of the season for both farming and warfare,
and the festivals held in his honor during the month were mirrored by others in October, 
when the season for these activities came to a close.

The month of March marks the season of Spring.



APRIL

I love going home because of the person I share it with.
My husband never ceases to amaze me.
Everyday is a mystery yet I feel like I'm in my comfort zone when I'm with him.
He does his best to provide for me.
Yes, sometimes I ask myself why I get so pissed off when he teases me but it's part of his charm.
He's the only one who can make me smile
and he's the only one who can pull me up from feeling down.
Last year, Hogan had cut his hair once again around this month.
It took him more than 20 years to cut it from looking like this.


For the month of MAY,
here is a picture of one of the festivities that this month makes way for.
"Flores de Mayo" is annually celebrated in the Philippines;
"Cinco de Mayo" is an adopted Mexican festivity
of freedom commemoration during the first years of American Civil War.


It reminds us of how colorful the world is and that
there are cultural events that we may be missing out on.
So take time to travel, to see the world and how they celebrate life.
In line with these wonderful celebrations,
Mother's Day is also celebrated during the month of May.
It makes sense that it falls during the month when the flowers
grow and bloom to their utmost beauty.



JUNE

June of 2013 had been marked as the most painful
time of my life. My miracle had soared high up to the heavens
and I was not given ample time even to say goodbye.
But this is something that I have let go of for quite awhile
but I wanted to share that grief helps us to become hopeful.

Each and every one of us carry a burden that only us knows about.
You might have been in a situation when no matter how much
joy there is around you, you cannot just find the reason to smile.
But this is all part of life.

When you're down, there's no way but up;
There's always light at the end of the tunnel;
This too shall pass;
Everything happens for a reason;

Every bad circumstance teaches us the virtue of HOPE
and it strengthens our FAITH.
Whether you believe in God or not, it gives us a lesson that WE SHOULD LET GO.
At one point, there comes a realization that not everything is in our control.
I can't imagine how I would live if I know how my life is going to be.
So there's nothing to do but look forward and know what else is in store for you.
If you know what's going to happen the very next second,
then HOPE and FAITH will never exist.


JULY

"There's always a rainbow after the rain."

This cliche matches the ones I presented above
but let me include it here instead.

This month last year was the next toughest one
because I needed to go to back to work and
ingest reality. Drastic changes,
ones that I never saw coming and ones that I wasn't ready for
HAD TO HAPPEN.
I had to let go, forget and get on my feet fast.
But I thank God for making me work at the happiest place on earth.
Because if not, I don't think I will be able to do it.
With that being said,
I thank God for my job,
I thank God for my life,
and I thank God for the chances in life that I still get.
Don't take anything for granted.


AUGUST

This month will forever hold the happiest day of my life.
Being united as one with Hogan completely helped me in aiming more in life.
Just like what I always prayed and hoped for,
for me to be able to fulfill my purpose.
I know that Hogan is part of that.

"One day, someone will walk into your life and make you see why
it never worked with anyone else."

SEPTEMBER

This had been sent to me via whatsapp by my husband
and I was honored to have received such respect.

I picked this particular image because it is indeed true after all.
Couples should never cease flirting, dating and playing
with each other after getting married.
So many people are saying that when you get married, you get tied up of some sort.
But my husband thinks of it as something liberating.
He said he finds freedom from it as a great sense of security, commitment
and love from both parties are happening that there's nothing
silly to think about except for how to provide for the family
and how to make a happy life out of it.

And he knows very well that a "happy wife" is the answer.


OCTOBER

SPONTANEITY.

Something that every person should have.
Never settle when people describe you as
predictable, pathetic and boring.
Don't be scared to take that leap of faith because you'll never
know how good the outcome would be if you never get
to experience anything at all.

This is one thing that my friends and I own altogether.
 This photo was taken randomly for two good friends of mine
who just tied the knot that very day, (October, 2013).

We were just spontaneous, just talked about a theme and people clicked.
It reminds me of a saying:
"CARPE DIEM!!!"


NOVEMBER

Tragedy by the typhoon Haiyan happened during this month.
So many people helped out by making some noise
in the social networks we hold accounts with and
bloggers write and comment on basically every single detail.

One particular image taken and shared online
was just beyond my tolerance.
This sergeant was being carried by a local in Tacloban
and it is beyond SHAMEFUL.
I want to help out in making Filipinos be aware with
how important it is when you hand in your vote during the election period.
This is a very clear example of an EMBARASSMENT.
What kind of leader is that who doesn't even
want to be "for" the people!


DECEMBER

You may find this odd but the month of December
just always reminds me to keep in touch with reality.
Every time this season comes,
there's abundance of food, abundance of gifts
and abundance of love.
But I wonder if all corners of the world get what we get.

Maybe they do, but in a different way.


Related topics:
1. 2012 BEST PICS
2. 2011 BEST PICS
3. 2010 BEST PICS

No comments: